Wednesday 14 November 2012

Feeling tired but running fast

Arrived home early and eat early so as the go out for a club run.  The schedule was tight but I had eaten and thought I would have an hour to digest it before heading out to run.  But as the time to get ready and head over to PW approached I felt unable to go.  I was tired and still hungry and with the prospect of being required to stay on for the following 9:30pm social presentation and marathon draw my desire to head out for a run disappeared.  instead I had some more to eat followed it with a pot of peppermint tea and read the paper.  By 8:30 I was too exhausted to do anything else and headed to bed where I started to read but my eyes were heavy and the light was off by 9pm. 

This morning I woke up just before the alarm at 5:40 and was alert and felt fine after a good nights rest.  I had prepared everything before going to bed so I was ready to leave the house by 6:15 and at the station in good time for the train.  Arriving at Crossharbour just before 7 and after the usual wait for the Garmin to find the satelites I was off for the 5 mile run to Homerton.  Usually it can be a mile or so to warm up and loosen up the legs but the combination of last nights sleep and the unusually mild weather and I quickly felt as though the run was easy and the first mile was completed in 8:22 followed by 8:02; 7:48; 7:45 and the final 0.92 in 7:14 (equivalent to a 7:54 pace). So I had run the 5 miles in under 40 minutes.

No comments: